6.7.14

Products I've Used Up #5



Oh, empty products. I once begun a quest to get through all my half used products, because 90% of my room is beauty products, and the other 10% is candles (but that's another story). I started to do so well, and then went completely off the rails and bought everything under the sun and now I'm slowly being buried in cosmetics again. So I'm making a promise to myself to plough through the half used shampoos and the lifetime supply of shower gel that I have...

So I've managed to get through a few products so far, and I'd like to share my views on them with you. So the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution is one of my regulars, I've gotten through about three bottles. It's great on my sensitive skin, effectively removes makeup and I even use it to clean my brushes when I'm in a hurry. I'm currently giving the Garnier Micellar Water a go because it was on offer, but the L'Oreal definitely has a spot in my heart. I've finally gotten through the Boots Coconut and Almond Leave in Conditioner, which felt like I had for an absolute age. It didnt' really do a huge amount for my super dry over-processed hair, but for normal hair it would probably be great. I've also used up my The Body Shop Blueberry shower gel, which I absolutely adored. It's a limited edition but I believe you can still buy it. The Rimmel Scandaleyes Flex mascara I got as a freebie if you spent over a certain amount. At first I didn't like it, but as I find with most mascaras, once they start to dry up a bit they are much better. I don't normally like big brushes but this one was fantastic. Once I've gotten through my other mascaras I might buy this one again.

The Yes to Cucumbers Colour Care shampoo I bought for a bargain price in TK Maxx. I didn't really rate it if I'm honest. I didn't notice it prolonged my hair colour and I found I had to wash two or three times to remove products. I probably wouldn't buy this again, but I would like to try other products from the 'yes to' brand. The Nip + Fab Detox Blend bath soak is my favourite product from my empties. I again bought this in TK Maxx and I went back and bought another one because it was so good. It smelt like green tea and jasmine and genuinely did relax me. I would definitely buy this one again and again! I also did like the Baylis & Harding rose, ylang ylang and patchouli bath milk too. This had a very subtle scent and make my skin feel nice and soft. Lastly, another Nip + Fab product, the Spiced Apple body butter. This was part of a Christmas set and it was the best body butter I've ever used. It sank into my skin instantly without leaving me feeling greasy. I think the scent is a limited edition but I would definitely buy their body butters again. Maybe next Christmas they will run this scent again!

Have you tried any of these products? What are you used products this month?

5 comments:

  1. I've come back to read your blog lol really loving what you have created! ^^ Lovely post too :) I have that mascara and it is nearly finishing too, it's so good for a drugstore product. I have also heard alot about that loreal micellar solution, i must try it out oh and i love blueberries too! lol my shopping list is getting huge now!

    zara xx

    ReplyDelete