Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

20.10.13

NOTD #3: Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Crush


Oh I have a love affair for matte nail varnishes, and until very recently, did not own a single one. And then Barry M released a small line of matte shades, and I snapped up two. I think there are four in total but I chose the best two. I chose a matte grey/neutral shade, and this baby - a deep vampy red that I am super excited about. It's such a gorgeous red, in some lights it can look almost black, and its the perfect colour for autumn/winter/Halloween/Christmas/whenever you are feeling it. I would love to say it is the easiest to apply - but it isn't. Matte shades are not forgiving when you have a wobbly hand and the lines will show up as you can see on my imperfect set. This in daylight won't look too bad, but on camera it shows up a hell of a lot! It definitely needs two coats as well to perfect the gorgeous shade. When I first applied it, it came out a really shiny colour and I was convinced it wasn't going to go matte. Shame on my impatience, a couple of minutes in and it goes a lovely texture which I have been loving. I definitely recommend this varnish for those who love a good red, and have a steady hand.

COMING UP SOON: Budget Halloween Makeup!

1 comment:

  1. cant wait to try out these matte nail polishes - love how they have autumnal colours :) xx

    make-up-your-mindx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete