Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

3.9.12

September Recent Purchases/ Quick Reviews



I've bought a couple of things recently, and wanted to do a quick review of them before going into further detail on some of them with separate reviews. There are a couple of new buys, a couple of repurchases and a couple of gifts (one for a friend, one for me ha) so here's a quick show and tell...


Ardell False Eyelashes in 105 Black, £5.20

These are a re-buy, and are my favourite eyelashes. I tend to wear them a lot - I wear them at work, and on nights out/special events and things like that. I used to wear Eyelure ones until Boots were out of stock, and so I tried these and never looked back. They are the most perfect lashes, so soft and the strip is so small and soft that they look completely natural when worn. I have used Ardell for about a year, and I think they're becoming quite popular in the UK. You can find lots of different designs on the internet as the US have more designs and patterns than we do in England. These are literally the perfect size for my eye- so I can whack them on without having to worry.




NYC Expert Last Nail Polish in 155 Gramercy Glitz, £2.49

I never really bother with my nails unless I'm going on nights out, but I've been suddenly inspired by a lot of nail art on Pinterest, especially the accent nail trend. I don't normally wear glitter either, but after deciding I want to give accent nails a go, I went on the hunt for a pinky glitter nail varnish. Unfortunately on my high street I couldn't actually find ANYTHING - until superdrug showed me this. I've never bought NYC before but it was dirt cheap so I'm giving it a go. I'll be writing a full review on this and my nails at the end of the week.


Boots Traditional Skin Care Glycerin and Rosewater Toner

I can't remember the exact price of  this one - I think its about £2.30. I'm coming to the end of my toner and I saw the traditional skincare range hiding in Boots next to the Botanics stuff - so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm quite attracted to vintage skincare as I believe a lot of their products were very practical and actually work. This is described as cooling and refreshing, that softens and moisturises the skin. Its also Lanolin free which appeals to me. I've used it a couple of times, and my intial thoughts are that it makes my skin very very soft. I'm not sure how much of a fan of rose scented products I am so when I've used this a few more times I'll do a full write up.


Boots Coconut & Almond Leave-In Conditioner

Again I can't remmber the price of this, but I know its definitely under £2. I bought this after seeing a review on somebodys blog (please identify yourself if this is you so I can credit you) and I'm trying to take better care of my hair, so for the price I couldn't refuse. I'll be writing a full review on this after I've used it more, but so far I feel like it has definitely improved the condition of the ends of my hair.


Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 01 Fair, £3.99

Another rebuy - I will not be writing a full review on this as its such a popular product now, there are so many reviews on it. I wrote a quick section on my August Empties and I've used this for such a long time because it is a real gem hiding on the high street. Its on offer in Boots for £3.99 at the moment from the usual four pounds something!


Next Clearance White Crochet Jumper, £16

How unattractive does this look all crumpled up? My mother treated me to this cute lightweight jumper today for the upcoming cooler months. I think it'll look really great with a blouse underneath. When I've matched it properly I'll do a full write-up.






...and a cheeky little present for a friend's 22nd birthday!


What are your recent purchases?

2 comments:

  1. I always look at that rosewater toner in Boots and then decide against it. I also like how old it looks. I'm a fan of rose so might give this one a try anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing on very dry skin - so defintely give it a go if you've got dry skin! Mine is slightly oily on the tzone so I haven't used it often!

      Delete