Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

30.12.12

The Budget Series: Collection 2000 Colour Pout Lip Stain in Pout

It feel like I've had this for ages and ages and totally forgotten to write about it - which is shocking as I'm completely in love with this product!


The packaging on this and all the colour swatches on websites show this as a dusky pink - I actually bought this because it is NOT this colour whatsoever. This is a red, and a beautiful red at that - and a good red lip stain is so hard to come by.

This lipstain comes in the form of a felt tip pen nib, easy for application overall, but with the thick nib I can imagine this is difficult on those with thinner lips. Or easier, maybe!





So as you can see, this is pretty much red. Not pink. I even tried a few in a few different shops just to make sure it wasn't a dud one that I had tested - but no, they were all like it! I actually bought it for this reason, because its such a great colour and lip stains are much longer lasting than lipsticks.

I can't really say a bad word about this product. I love the application, the colour, the finish and how well it lasts throughout the day. I find on your first drink you get the initial lip mark, but after that no more comes off and you're left with a lovely colour. I'd say it has a satin finish - mostly matte, but with a tiny hint of shine every now and again. It also has a sweet taste to it, not super strong, but its definitely there, which I do prefer to the usual lead taste of a lot of long lasting lipsticks.

(These pictures are slightly rubbish but I didn't want to use flash on them to show its true colour!)




At £4.99 I think this is an absolute bargain. I wish they would repackage it and show it as red like it is - I think they would sell a lot more of them!

Have you tried any of these lipstains before? What was your opinion on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment