Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

9.1.13

The Body Shop Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream

"Absinthe, the drink that makes you want to kill yourself.."


Absinthe hand cream is a new hand cream from The Body Shop, along with a hand gel and a hand wash. I've got my mitts on the purifying hand cream and I'm quite taken with this product. Is it because it contains such a potent alcohol? Probably. Lets get it straight though, absinthe comes from Wormwood and this contains that has a major ingredient. Not the alcohol that we've all watched in Moulin Rouge and Black Books. Either way, its a definite talking point when someone asks if you have any hand cream..





So the idea of this is that its a softening hand cream BUT it also removes any odor. I've been trying to think of times when you would need to use it for that purpose (lets keep it clean)...chefs, painters, decorators,gardeners, artists...? But I tested it by whacking my hands all over some Lush bath products, which leave a lovely, if lingering, scent. it did remove them but the hand cream itself has quite a..strong scent. I can't really place my finger on it. Wormwood probably, but I can't say I've come into contact with it enough to recognise its smell.

The hand cream is sooo light and just makes your hands feel really clean without feeling greasy, sticky or over moisturised. It has a dash of shea butter in it which I think is what makes it blend in really well.

I quite like the sound of the hand sanitiser, so I'll be waiting for that one to come out. I think this hand cream is something perfect for those who don't want to have to wait for a cream to sink in, and probably those who like a drink.

What do you think of this product? Does the name attract you more than what it does?

No comments:

Post a Comment