Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

15.4.13

30 Day Shred Day 1 - 5


 (source)

Soooo I've seen the 30 day shred and decided to give it a go. I thought I would write about my experience with it as I've heard lots of mixed things about it - people saying its really hard, and others saying it wasn't too bad. I'm mixing it with a slightly healthier diet than normal. I'm cutting my diet coke intake down to no more than one glass a day - and trying to up my water intake as I've gotten really slack with this recently and been drinking a larger amount of caffeine than normal.

I've also been really slack with my exercise for a while now recently - I have an exercises bike but I haven't used it since January, and I haven't been to the gym since summer last year, so my fitness is most likely in a bit of a state. I'd also like to point out that I have absolutely ZERO core and upper body strength - so I'm hoping this will really help me work on that.







Because of all these factors - I was really dreading day one. I lot of people had told me how awful it would be - but actually, after finishing day 1 workout, I didn't feel as dreadful as I thought I would. I actually found the strength and toning a lot easier than the cardio - and I would definitely recommend a sports bra as ouch :( There were points where it feels a little tougher - about 10 minutes I definitely started to feel it, and then at about 20 minutes I really started to feel it, especially in my legs! The last exercise, is a killer by the way, I have nowhere near enough core strength for that (yet)!

Weight wise - I used 1kg weights, because I have absolutely no strength in my arms, and anything higher would literally destroy me. As I progress I may invest in some stronger weights, but for now, I'm sticking with these, and they were effective enough!






First thing I noticed when I woke up, was a little ache in some muscles - my core, inner thighs and a little bit on my arms. Not enough to be actual pain to prevent me from doing things though! So I completed day 2 - very much similiar points as day 1, except I noticed I was already a little more flexible with my core muscles and managed a lot of the stomach exercises a lot easier than yesterday. I found the arm toning a lot harder today though for some reason.






I woke up and my legs hurt soooo badly, in particular just one! day 3 was very much like day 2, except arm toning is getting a lot easier. I also have been two days without any caffeine!








Aaaand I so didn't feel like working out whatsoever today - why isn't the cardio getting any easier? :( Star jumps are so horrible I hate them, but my body is definitely adjusting to strength parts of the workout.






I had an awful sleep last night so when I woke up I really didn't feel like working out as I didn't feel like I had the energy. I actually feel like I had my best workout today - my body has really adapated and my endurance has improved. Even with the cardio! Tomorrow I'm hoping to re-take all my measurements just to see how its going.

If you're thinking of starting the 30 day shred, definitely give it a go - I'm very glad I started! I took a sneak peek at level 2...eek!

Did you try the 30 day shred? How do you get yourself motivated to exercise?


1 comment:

  1. i might give this ago, im currently doing the 30 days squad challenge and it's really hard! my muscles hurt so badly :(

    boldinballerinass.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete