Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

27.2.13

7 Mother's Day Gift Ideas



Mother's day is coming up, so I've been looking around at gift ideas. For me Mother's day is a time to remind your mum how much you apreciate her, even when you don't show it. If  your mum is anything like mine she's a superhero and has served as your best friend, your bank manager, your chef, your cleaner...all those things that we take for granted from time to time. It is also a reminder that spring is on its way, so I very much like to combine the two and have pretty, lovely spring related items to give to your mum. I've had a little look on the interwebs and chosen seven things for seven types of mothers that suit all budgets.

Tulip Re-Usable Bubble Bar, £5.25, Lush / For the mum who likes to pamper

Every blogger I think has tried a Lush bubble bar at some point, I know I had the Magic Wand at christmas, and it was lovely. They've got a couple out for mother's day/easter at the moment, but this was my favourite as its bright and pretty. Its a combo of cocoa and bergamot for a fresh scent to deeply moisturise - perfect for a pamper (or six)



Personalised Family Tree Papercut, £67, Not On The High Street / For the crafty mum

I saw this and thought it was a really sweet sentimental gift to give to your mum. Its a typographic family tree encased in clear glass with a choice of frames (extra cost!). I do think it is perhaps a little overpriced, but it's made in Britain and if like me you are quite useless with crafts, it is worth the money. If you are super handy you could have a stab at making this yourself - otherwise pop onto the website and choose up to six names to create a fabulous gift that your mum will proudly display.

Hydrangea Bone China Tea-for-One, £21, Laura Ashley / For the mum who loves her tea (and china)

I always seem to go to Laura Ashley for mother's day gifts! I think tea-for-one sets are super sweet and this one has a lovely spring floral design on it. It is on sale for £21, reduced from £28, and for china, thats a lovely price to have a good cup of tea.

Devonshire Cream Tea For Mum, £18.50, DeliMann / For mum that likes cream with her tea

It is lovely to be able to pop out for a cream tea, but if life gets in the way of your scones DeliMann will deliver a mini hamper to your mum containing 4 freshly baked scones, Devon clotted cream, two mini jars of strawberry jam, 15 bags of afternoon tea, and a lovely coaster for keepsake. For the price, this is really great, near me that average good cream tea retails at about £9 each. So if you can't take your mum out for a cream tea, you can take the cream tea to your mum.

Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Set, £42, Boots / For the beauty blogger's mum

If you're like me, your mum played a huge part in your introduction to beauty as a teenager. The advance night repair range has huge rave reviews from beauty bloggers - so this set makes a perfect treat for a blogger's mum. The kit includes the eye serum, night repair serum, day cream and the sumptuous extreme mascara. Lovely!

Mini Tulip Tea Candles Multi Set, £6.75, Laura Ashley / For the gardening mum

Yes, there are three lots of Laura Ashley in this post - but I just couldn't resist any of their items! I actually bought my mum two of the large full size versions of these last year in white - I really wanted to get the tealight set but couldn't find it in time. This year they've got them back again, and they are just so sweet and very well made - such a perfect way for your mum to brighten up her bedroom.

Set of 6 Macaroons Candles, £9, Laura Ashley / For the mum who loves her cakes (but is on a diet)

 These are actually so sweet, I can't figure out if I just want them for myself! If your mum is on a diet and you don't want to ruin it for her, this adorable little boxset is the answer. They come in an array of beautiful pastel colours in a cake-style striped box, and just look great displayed in the box. I might have to get these for myself..

Also in the way of cards, I normally go for Marks and Spencer's cards because they are so lovely, but this year I've changed routine and saw the most amazing cards in...Card Factory! Of all places I would of gone, but they have really outdone themselves (and M&S) this year, and they are very well priced too. I picked up this one for my mother, because I just couldn't resist how beautiful it was!


Isn't it so beautiful?!

What are you buying your mum this mother's day?



No comments:

Post a Comment