Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

20.2.13

Collection Ultimate Fix Foundation, Lasting Perfection Concealer & Lasting Colour Lipstick in Birthday Suit, Valentine & Passionfruit

Collection were kind enough to send me some products to review. I said yes because I do enjoy Collection as a quality, affordable budget brand. They let me choose my items that I wanted to review - so I chose a few things, and to my surprise they sent me them all, how lovely! There was a little postage mix-up and I didn't recieve anything for a whole month, so I contacted the PR company that contacted me, and they sent me another parcel the next day. Very impressed! They also sent me three packs of Eyelure eyelashes, which I will feature in another post.


 Collection Ultimate Fix Foundation, Concealer, Powder & Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer






I've been eyeing up this Ultimate Fix foundation for quite some time - its your three in one. I hate having to spend so much time getting ready (especially on uni days!) so a product that does three things sounds great to me. I have Ivory and this is the lighest shade. It looks seriously dark in the palette, and on my swatch, but when it blends in it looks pretty good, and I'm quite pale. In the palette you get your foundation, and then you flip it, and have a mirror and applicator. The packaging feels a little flimsy but its a budget product so I wouldn't expect a perfect case. The product itself, blends really easily. I tried it with the applicator supplied and it mostly does the job for you, but I used my Real Techniques stippling brush to give it a final blend. The product gives a dewy style finish, and because of this it suits a lot of skin types, and I found it didn't make my skin super oily and it didn't make my skin look flaky - which these cream to powder foundations sometimes can.

Lets not forget this concealer, the holy grail of most make-up bags! I  LOVE this concealer! I've used it before and I used it for quite a long time, but when mine ran out I couldn't get my shade (fair) in a local store, so I switched to me MAC Pro Longwear (which I wear in an NC15). This concealer gives me better coverage than the mac one, and it lasts longer and looks really good on dark circles under the eye. Plus its really cheap, which you all know, so if you don't have this already, you probably should.

I'm sorry this is a portrait picture, I don't know what came over me...


So this is the coverage foundation gave me. I found for my super dark circles it wasn't enough on its own, so I teamed it with the lasting perfection concealer. Lovely!

Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick






I would firstly like to say, how pigmented are these lipsticks?! These are £2.99 each and you can find them in 11 shades. I chose Valentine (top swatch) Passionfruit (middle) and Birthday Suit. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging with the pink pattern on the lids, and the cases feel a little flimsy. But they click shut, and I mean like really click, so those lids aren't going anywhere in your handbag. Bonus.The first thing I noticed when applying these is how lovely they smell - a little bit like sherbet. Here's what they look like on:


This is Passionfruit. Its quite bright and cheerful and contains gold glitter particles which go all shimmery in the light.


Birthday suit doesn't really, well, suit me, but there's something about it I quite like, even though with my skin tone, I can't really pull it off..


Valentine is your classic, super pigmented red. Applies like a dream - I tend to go for blue-toned reds, and this one is more orange toned which makes a nice change, lovely!

I'm quite impressed with these products - the Ultimate Fix Foundation retails at £4.99, the Lasting Perfection Concealer at £4.19, and the Lipsticks are £2.99 each.

Have you tried any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment